Sunday, September 25, 2011

9 weeks Pregnant

So much has happened this week. Monday night we had a bit of a scare. I bled a little and it was terrifying. We called the doctor's after hours number and she told me to just to rest, that it didn't seem to be bad enough for me to run into the ER and if I were to go to the ER I would likely sit there for hours and hours. I have to say, if you are going to have a scare like that it is nice to already have a scheduled doctors appointment the next day. Tuesday was our 8 week ultrasound, where we found out the baby was actually measuring 8 weeks 4 days.
This moved my due date to April 27th. It was so wonderful seeing a healthy little bean with a beautiful heartbeat (176). We met with the nurse after the ultrasound. She checked me and could see the bleeding was not serious. They also explained to me that this pregnancy would be treated differently than my pregnancy with Breckin. I will be tested twice for gestational diabetes and the baby's size will be monitored more closely. Thursday I get a call from the nurse telling me that they tested my sample for Group B Strep (I was positive at the end of my pregnancy with Breckin) and it came back positive. When you test positive this early in pregnancy it means your infection is really bad. I am on antibiotics now. And finally Friday I hit the 9 week mark.

What's going on with Baby B - The embryo is finally considered a fetus! He/She is an inch long and about the size of a grape or olive. The baby is looking more and more like a person.

Symptoms - I am so insanely tired. SO TIRED. Nausea. It's not insanely strong but is this underline nuisance all day. It's the worst whenever I sit down to eat so I haven't been able to eat all that much. My bump is growing and growing though. I only have one pair of pre-pregnancy pants that still fit (another low bump). My pants from my pregnancy with Breckin are still huge. For some reason I was convinced that my legs were going to get really fat in that pregnancy, so I bought a lot of loose fitting pants. My legs never grew so I was uncomfortable and constantly pulling my pants up. Mom took me shopping this weekend and got be a pair of work pants and jeans that fit perfectly and are SO comfortable. They will be able to grow with me since I can wear the belly in different ways.

Cravings - Lemon juice, lemon juice, lemon juice

Gender Prediction - Boy... I'm having another big baby. This is a boy

Birthday Prediction - April 23. It's interesting that my last birthday prediction turned into my new due date. They have made it clear that they are going to induce me so I think that Monday before the the due date will be my baby's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment