Sunday, September 4, 2011

6 Weeks Pregnant

I am about six weeks along today! I decided from now on my weekly updates will have five categories; What's going on with Baby B, Symptoms, Cravings, Gender Prediction, and Birthday Prediction. I also decided that I will refer to this baby as Baby B, since the baby's name will begin with a B either way.

What's going on with Baby B - The baby is about a quarter of an inch long, the size of a sweet pea or lentil! This week the baby is developing his/her nose, mouth and ears. The baby's heart might be beating at this point. If it's not now, it will be within the next few days. The baby's intestines and lungs are also developing. Baby B is also busy forming his/her pituitary gland, brain, muscles and bones. So much is happening! It amazes to think all of this is going on inside of me. Being the second pregnancy doesn't make this any less amazing.

Symptoms - Holly Molly Nausea!! I have had some consistent all day nausea the last two days. There is a stomach thing going around school. I really hope this is morning sickness though. I want to know that this is a healthy pregnancy and that the baby is growing. I continue to be insanely tired. I can never get enough rest. I have had constant dull cramps. I have also had some sharp cramps and sharp pains in my back which really scare me. I am so terrified that I am going to miscarry. I am trying to focus on the morning sickness as a good sign, rather than the sharp pains as a bad sign.

Cravings - Some foods sound good for about a second before the thought of eating makes me nauseous. I was craving chicken salad, so we picked some up at Whole Foods yesterday. It tasted AMAZING. I had it on their organic french bread and it was probably the best chicken salad sandwich I have ever had. Unfortunately I was nauseous the entire time I was eating, so I didn't get to enjoy it fully. We found this awesome recipe for these super special chocolate chip cookies. You have to let the dough rest in the fridge for at least 24 hours. I hope by the time we make them tonight I will be able to eat them.

Gender Prediction - I decided to include this category so I can make a weekly prediction about this child's gender. With Breckin I was so sure he was a boy. I saw that line come up on the pregnancy test and I thought "There's my boy!" I had that same feeling this time. It will be interesting to see if I remain this sure up until my 20 week scan.

Birthday Prediction - I assume this baby will be induced early. Dr. Hirata said I would be watched more closely this time and the baby will not be allowed to grow bigger than Breckin was at birth. My labor was pretty dangerous with Breckin and it could have been far more dangerous if he was allowed to grow any larger. My estimate due date according to my LMP is April 29th, but like I have said before this might change at the first ultrasound since I ovulated a little later than normal. Either way I believe this baby will be born before April 29th. My friend Kim's birthday is April 27th and since my babies like to be born on my friend's birthdays (Breckin was born on Lauren's birthday, Oct 5th) I am predicting that this baby will be born on April 27th.

No comments:

Post a Comment