Sunday, August 28, 2011

5 Weeks Pregnant

I'm 5 weeks pregnant. I'm not positive about my estimated due date yet since I didn't ovulate until cycle day 16. Kevin thinks I may have ovulated a day earlier since my pregnancy test at 10 days past ovulation was so dark. Either way I think my due date is between April 29-30. I guess we will find out at our first ultrasound on Sept 20th.

Physical Symptoms - I'm so tired... sooooo tired. I have also continued to have cramping. Other than that I've feel fine. I actually would welcome so more pregnancy symptoms so I could just feel pregnant. I keep forgetting that I'm pregnant and I am afraid I am pushing myself too hard.

We had a very eventful week here... Tuesday, we had a 5.8 earthquake while I was at work. The epicenter was a few miles from our house and Goochland High School. The student's were evacuated and remained outside until the busses came and took them home. We had two significant aftershocks that night and another the night after that. All 3 aftershocks brought me to my feet. We were lucky that we didn't have any significant damage to the house. The initial earthquake broke the seal on the upstairs toilet and did damage to Breckin's bedroom window but it could have been much worse.

Thursday our power was knocked out by a down tree. We then had a large thunderstorm that kept the power out for several more hours. We were without it from 3:30pm-1:00am. We hooked up the generator so we didn't lose our food. We all had a horrible time sleeping, both Breckin and I NEED our fan to sleep.

Friday Breckin had his surgery. I wont go into to many details because I feel that he would want me to keep it private. I will say that the surgery went well and he is a trooper.

Saturday hurricane Irene hit Virginia. It had very little effect on us in Goochland but there were quiet a few down trees and outages across Central VA. We never lost power and it seems like most of my family in Central VA were just as lucky. The news said the coast was going to be hit the hardest, so Mom had a friend watching the river house. They lost power there but the house and dock made it through without damage. Our family friends who live in the northern neck said that it wasn't terrible there and most had power, which is wonderful!!

Here's hoping for a less eventful week! And maybe I will actually FEEL pregnant this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment