Friday, November 25, 2011

18 Weeks Pregnant!

Monday I had to leave work early because I was having a bad nausea/dizzy spell. My vision was also impaired. Anteal and Kim drove me and my car to the doctor. I found out the headaches that I have been having over the last few weeks are migraines. I have also been having very very low blood pressure. The combo of the two caused my spell. I was given a few ways to combat my symptoms and was told that if my migraines had not improved before my next appointment that they were going to put me on medication. I want to avoid meds. whenever possible so I am following the doctor's orders exactly.

On to more exciting news... The baby must be getting really big because I am feeling it him/her all the time. The baby is big enough now for me to feel movement by putting my hand on my stomach. Last night (Thanksgiving) while Kevin was putting the little man to bed I was laying on the couch trying to feel the baby. I laid my hand down on my stomach and the baby kicked my hand. He/she did it 3 times and they were STRONG hard kicks. I yelled for Kevin to come down so he could feel the baby moving (since he hadn't felt it yet). The boys came running down the stairs. Kevin put his hand on my stomach but the baby didn't do anything. He kept it there for a little while but nothing happened. I then took Breckin hand and said out loud "Ok Baby! This is your brother. Let him feel you." I put Breckin's hand on my stomach and the baby kicked him... hard. It was enough that I could feel the kick on my hand through Breckin's hand. He got this surprised look on his face. I told him that was the baby and he got the most amazing smile. It will be a moment I never forget. We tried for the rest of the night to give Kevin a chance to feel the baby with no luck. It will come. If this baby is anything like Breckin you will be able to see him/her moving in my stomach from across the room.

What's going on with Baby B: He/She is about 5.5 inches long (isn't this how long the baby baby was last week?) about the size of a bell pepper, and weights around 7 oz. The baby is moving around a lot.

Symptoms: I am getting control of my headaches but I also haven't had a very stressful week. Hopefully they wont come back next week when I have a busy work schedule.

Cravings: Salt!

Gender Prediction: The heartbeat at the doctor's on Monday was 150... So I am going back to thinking it is a boy

Birthday Prediction: April 23rd

No comments:

Post a Comment