Friday, December 30, 2011

23 Weeks Pregnant!

I am thoroughly enjoying this time off with my little boy. The first week was rough. I think all of the decorations around the house threw him. He was absolutely refusing to take naps (and believe me... I tried) but he was so tired that he would have breakdowns for the rest of the day. It made for a stressful, exhausting week. As soon as the decorations came down everything went back to normal. So strange. Now, come 1pm we are headed up the stairs without a fight. He lays in bed and I read to him until he falls asleep. This week has been MUCH easier and more enjoyable. It's important for me to get my naps too :).

On Christmas eve we put together Baby B's crib. It's beautiful. It's actually the crib (finish) we wanted to get Breckin but when I was pregnant with him it was on back order for 6 months. The crib is expresso colored wood, so it matches our bedroom set. The plan is for Baby B to stay in our room for 18 months like Breckin did, then she will move to her own room upstairs. At that time Breckin and Baby will switch furniture. The "cribs" are the same style but with different finishes and they convert all the way up to a twin beds (Breckin has it converted to a toddler bed right now). Breckin's furniture is white, which I think will look cuter in a girls room.. or at least the girls room I have in mind. When Baby B moves upstairs both rooms (I don't want Breckin to feel left out) will be redecorated. The expresso wood will look better in the room I have planed for Breckin. He has already been insisting that Baby B's bed is his bed. We keep telling him "That is your sister's bed" and he responds "No. That's Breckin's bed." This should be interesting. I guess it is a little peek into what we should expect. I know he will be a wonderful, loving big brother but I know we can expect some jealousy issues. He is a hardcore momma's boy. I will have to make sure I make lots and lots of one on one time with him.

What's going on with Baby B: Baby B has a sense of movement now and can feel as I move around. She can hear loud noises from outside the womb, like the vacuum. She should be about a foot long now.

Symptoms: Like always extreme exhaustion. I still have some headaches creep up on me but at least I know how to control them better now.

Cravings: Nothing

Birthday Predictions: April 23rd





1 comment:

  1. The crib sounds lovely. I am little concerned about my two little girls when this little guy arrives in April. My oldest daughter is just thrilled and anxiously waiting

    ReplyDelete